TenTec

[TenTec] Proud new owner of a Ten-Tec Omni V...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Proud new owner of a Ten-Tec Omni V...
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:05:30 -0500 (EST)
Congratulations Tom. You now have the best cw rig ever made. I am curious
as to what you will do with the FM feature since you're going to use if
for CW and SSB. Also, what is the 2Khz tone you refer to? I have a simple
mod to improve the sidetone consisting of putting a 12k resistor across
C-1 on the sidetone board.

Has anyone else seen this Hint and Kinks book?

> but no speech processor, and no FM. I'm thinking it would be nice to add the
> two remaining filters and maybe the FM. I'm planning to use it for CW and
> SSB phone. Any suggestions?
>
> Also, I have seen a couple of mods around for the Omni V, two of them
> dealing with filtering the 2kHz tone to make it cleaner (from the ARRL "1999
> Hints and Kinks" book, anybody have any other suggestions for things to
> check for or do to it? In fact does anyone have a copy of the mods from that
> book that they could fax or mail to me?

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM