TenTec

[TenTec] TT inflation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT inflation
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:25:54 -0400 (EDT)
Do I detect some inflation in older TT equipment or is it my imagination?
Omni C's for $500, Tritons for $425. Wow. Maybe there's a market for
rigs with single conversion receivers that put out 100 watts, are easy to
operate and can be serviced by the average ham. Yes, rigs that have almost
no noise, that can receive cw through horrid QRN, don't require little
batteries to keep their memory and don't need reprograming when they go
dead, QSK that doesn't click, audio with less than 2% distortion, no
microprocessors that glitch up and require resetting, mike jacks with only
3 wires and PTOs that we can discuss which grease is best.

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM