TenTec

Who desires QRP kit for 2m-survey

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Who desires QRP kit for 2m-survey
From: prvalko@Oakland.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:47:28 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Gene Hall wrote:

> While a QRP 2m kit would certainly find some uses, I concur with W8KC in
> the idea of transverters for 2m and up from TenTec Kit.

Obviously Gene is a man of education and sophistication to agree with me.

Did you folks know that it is quite possible to have a CW QSO on RS-10
with an FM only rig and a 10M receiver?  It's true - although not
generally accepted practice.  If you mute or cut out the microphone
audio, simply keying the rig will send out a carrier (albeit wide) which
can be heard through RS-10 on the 10M rig.

I've worked several "CW" stations doing this.  They are fairly easy to
identify because the cw note is not really sharp, but it does work.  If
you were a real hack, you could get into the HT and reduce the carrier
deviation down even lower, improving the "CW" signal to the point where it
would be really hard to tell the difference.

73 =paul= W8KC

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html