TenTec

[TenTec] T-Kit 10M<>2M Transverter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-Kit 10M<>2M Transverter
From: Paul R. Valko" <prvalko@oakland.nospam.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:02:01 -0400 (EDT)
If anyone is considering the T-Kit 10M to 2M transverter, pay close
attention to the manual where they mention using BABY POWDER to lubricate
the ferite core of eight little IF transformers.

I finally found some baby powder in the house this weekend (don't ask) and
it WORKED GREAT.  The real problem you will have is getting the ferite
rods OUT of the coil, so that you can lube 'em up in the first place.

I rolled the rod around in a little pile of powder and used a tiny
screwdriver to put some powder in the coil form, too.

As far as assembly goes... I am at PHASE FOUR, the receive portion of the
transverter seems OK, I can hear my Kenwood TS-700sp 2M SSB rig on my
FT-900at through the transverter, but.... even with an outside antenna
hooked up, I could not copy a repeater on 145.33 (29.330 receive) that is
full scale on my IC-22U 2M FM rig.  I hope this thing gets more
sensitive after it's fully assembled and aligned.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics

www..acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko