TenTec

[TenTec] OMNI VI +ver 3 info?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI +ver 3 info?
From: Brian Pepperdine <brianpepperdine@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:06:04 +0000
Hello. I recently bought a Factory updated OMNI VI+ ver. 3.

Nice. But the addendum sheets to the upgrade don't tell the whole story.

Does anyone have or know of where the info is to describe the new button
functions that have been substituted in for the original buttons on the right?
I am not sure of all the functions (some don't seem to do anything obvious).

Also, this rig came with both roofing filter slots filled with International
Crystal 2.4 filters. I am mystified as to what they do.. either one of them N1
or N2 don't seem to do much.... do I have to be in the heat of contest battle
with warriors close on all sides to notice any effect?

In any case, the normal 2.4 stock IF  seems fine and if it suited me better
maybe I should sell those filters and put in 500 hz CW filters or go it alone
with the standard IF xtal filters (it has the 1.8 and 500 in it already)...?

Any info appreciated.

Brien Pepperdine
Toronto
VE3VAW