TenTec

[TenTec] delta II display problem - anyone?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] delta II display problem - anyone?
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 01:20:27 -0400
Hi, I recently picked up a Ten Tec Delta II 536 from a local ham. I got a good
deal on it, but i bought it knowing there were some problems. A loose VFO knob,
lcd backlight is out and the most serious, erroneous frequency readings. The
radio receives great and has a wonderful quiet Ten Tec receive. I have not
tried transmit yet, but was told it puts out full power.

The main problem is the frequency display is cuckoo. 5's can have an extra
segment - 8's can look like two lines or 6's - the lsb and usb indicators are
on at the same time, there's a segment missing on the swr indicator etc etc.,
just crazy readings that make it hard to know where you are.

interestingly enough the first two digits in the freq. display are fine, so i
at least know what band i'm on. It seems the display driver might be bad or
maybe the encoder. i figure no better place to post this message than here. any
help would be appreciated.

73, john