TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Delta

To: "Jim & Marge Isom" <jhisom@Frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Delta
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:34:49 -0600
Jim, the first thing to check is to make sure the RECEIVE/TRANS switch on the
back panel is in the TRANS position (bottom slide switch between power
connector and heat sink, lower left side of rear panel when facing rear panel)
. Note: Sometimes the switch will oxidize or corrode and needs cleaning by
operating the slide switch back and forth several times. If the switch does not
clean mechanically, Cramolin, DeoxIT, or similar may be needed to be applied
sparingly.

If the switch is in the RECEIVE position, you will need a separate receive
antenna to be connected to the phono (RCA) connector labeled ANT.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

      Date:  Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:50:56 -0600
      From:  Tim Isom mailto:isom@stolaf.edu
      To:  Jim & Marge Isom mailto:jhisom@frontier.com
gary any ideas on what this might be?
jim isom

Hi,

I finally found time to rebuild the PTO on the external VFO for your Delta.
Went pretty easy on the rebuild.  Now I've got that station back together but
the Delta seems to be deaf - can output a signal, on the right frequency, but
doesn't seem to be able to hear anything.  I spent time last night with several
radios on, finding strong signals, moving the Delta to that frequency, then
finding that the delta could barely hear anything.  I'll have some more time
tonight, I could have a bad coax, but it works on other radios - could be my
antenna switch.

How well do you know Gary Huber?  I know he is a constant contributor to the
Ten Tec listserv.  I wonder if he may have some ideas.

Tim

--
Tim Isom
Windows System Database and Software Administrator

Ole Card Door Access Request Form:
http://www.stolaf.edu/olecard/media/door_access_req.pdf