TenTec

[TenTec] Beginner Corsair II Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Beginner Corsair II Questions
From: peter@barville.demon.co.uk (Peter Barville)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 17:14:12 +0100
>you must very carefully get
>the CW xtal filter to center at 750 Hz also, by centering
>the PBT at the top and making sure the beat note is right
>(you can check by comparing it with the sidetone I think).

The sidetone on my Corsair II (which I've had for a few months now -
it's my first TT rig, and one with which I am delighted) is *not* a
particularly clean tone.  I would find it hard to match the pitch of
an incoming signal to it.

Does this mean my rig has a problem (with the sidetone), or is this
simply 'how it is'?

PS Don't forget, the sidetone pitch is variable, and therefore may not
be adjusted close to 750Hz.
--
72/73, Peter G3XJS ( http://www.barville.demon.co.uk/qrpinfo.htm )