TenTec

Re: [TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:25:23 EDT
On my radio, the raspy CW is particularly bad with Fast AGC and  narrow
bandwidths (<1khz).  It is starting to sound like the DSP in an  ICOM 756Prox.

There is a definite "thump" at the end.

NR works better at quieting noise but the CW signal sounds awful when the  NR
is on.  The signal sounds more like a "whoosh" than a musical note even  at
NR settings of 1 or 2.

Sidetone audio is tinny.  Sounds like a set of old headphones I had  with a
metal diaphragm.  Very fatiguing to listen to.

Audio drive from the microphone is low.

Back to 1.373b5

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"