TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion II RTTY Problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II RTTY Problem
From: Douglas Shock <douglas.shock@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:44:50 -0700
I sorta saw the same thing this weekend. I found that at times if I set the
PBT to -1950 I could not run the BW below 700. Other times it did just fine
down to 180. I changed from SSB to rtty AFSK and this is when I saw the
issues. Made me shake me head as the settings would work once but not twice
and then the 3rd time is would work.

I did notice that if I backed off the BW then I could get both the mark and
space and then wiggle the PBT and BW back to -1950 and a BW of 200 to 600.
When it did work I could take the BW down to 180 without any loss of the
space.

Beats me.