TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OMNI6 PLUS Alignment procedure needed

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI6 PLUS Alignment procedure needed
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:45:40 EST
Have you tried to do a complete alignment on your rig using the owners
manual.
Yes, I am sure you could look at the information provided and try to come
close but you will certainly know that with the service manual could have  done
it better and faster.
Take a Kenwood TS-180.
On that radio the ALC is set individually for each band.
Each band must be set to a specific frequency and the output of  the PA has
to be at 85 watts (not 100).
The Ic current has to be set prior to the above and the process has to  start
with the 80 meter band working down to 10 meters.
After all that is done you can adjust the ALC pot in the PA.
You have now touched 12 pots (more if you added WARC bands).
None of this is told to you in the owners manual as with Ten Tec.
However, Kenwood sells the service manual for about $40.00 dollars.
Well worth it if you fix your own.
Yes, you could guess at the location of those pots and initial setting
information but I would not buy the radio from you if I knew you did it that
way.
Oh, we have still to do carrier null, sideband balance.
Another two weeks of signal tracing.
73,
Dan/N4VET