TenTec

PTO rebuild kits - what radios?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: PTO rebuild kits - what radios?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 12:28 EDT
PTO repair kits are available for all TT rigs with PTO's from the Corsair
on back to the Triton. For about $15 plus some shipping cost, you will
receive a box of parts including a new drive shaft, bearings and a tube of
grease. Instructions are included and you will need them. I don't know about
the Century 22 as far as PTO type etc.

Most TT rigs need the pto rebuilt every 10 years or so. The grease gets stiff
causing the pto to jump frequency as it is tuned. It's not an easy job and
there is one piece that I have yet to replace, namely the metal pin that goes
through the end of the shaft. The replacement is just plain...tooooo big.
I just use the old pin and have had no trouble. 73

Steve Ellington N4LQ@iglou.com