TenTec

[TenTec] Scout band module

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout band module
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 10 Jun 1998 11:28:34 -0500
Never any problems with mine, Doug.

But, look at the contacts on the 20M one side by side with the others that
work.
Look at the little coaxial contacts, that look like DC power jacks.  They are
RF quick connects for the final power to the band pass filter in module and
back out to antenna.

Also examine the card edge contacts for chipped, corroded, or any obvious
problem.  Clean first with some good quality contact cleaner, and lint free
cloth.  Might take care of it.  I can imagine a spring in one of the coax ones
losing its curve and strength if very used and old. A dental tool (pick) is
useful in realigning such springs.) Plating might eventually wear off them,
they have a cadmium or other white metal plating, (nickle?) and if the
underlying brass or such is exposed, it might start to get dirty and not make
good contact.  My 20M however, is the one I use a lot, so it is out and in
more than the others.
73, Stuart K5KVH