TenTec

[TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?
From: loren_thompson@qmgate.anl.gov (Loren Thompson)
Date: 20 Oct 1997 10:20:07 -0500
        Reply to:   RE>>[TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?

One of the first items on our  airplane startup checklist is turn off all the
radios.  My flying club installed a radio master power switch since there are
quite a few radios in our planes.  Airplane radio failures seem to be more
frequent when you start the plane with them on.  Radios off before engine off
is also on the shutdown list.  I find that my Kenwood 2m in my Jeep looses its
mind when I start it with radio on resulting in a full processer reset
required about 1 in 5 times.