TenTec

[TenTec] Ten tec 6 Meter Transverter Usage

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten tec 6 Meter Transverter Usage
From: rsellers@mail.rkd.snds.com (Roger Sellers)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:06:37 -0500
Hello,
  I'm the recent purchaser of a 6 meter transverter. I'm working on
connecting it to my Paragon I. Last night the mod to lower the power was
done to stay under the transmit limit.

  As I'm new to using a transverter and 6 meter. I have a couple
questions for maybe some wiser persons.

The tranveter moves 6 meter (50 MHz) to 20 meters (14 MHz), I
understand that part. Heres my assumption, since 6 meters is from 50 to
54 MHz, does that mean I tune the Paragon from 14-18 MHz to cover the
band?? I.E.  Does 52.225 MHz = 16.225 MHz on my paragon dial to be the
same frequency??

Next....
  I am using a multiband verticle antenna, one coax was going to my tuner
then the Paragon. The transverter has a HF and a 6 meter input and one
output to the radio. I figure I need to split the antenna signal for both
bands. Where in this configuration does the tuner go?? Before the split
or on the HF side only? Do I need a tuner for the 6 meter side??

  I'm asking this here figuring others have experience with the
transverter. The manual is lacking in answering these configuration
questions for me.

Thanks in advance,

Roger Sellers  KB9LBU
email: rsellers@snds.com