TenTec

[TenTec] Greasing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Greasing
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 06:53:51 -0500
I wonder how many of you have had to replace a switch or at least use
contact cleaner on it due to the grease getting hard?  It seems that
grease allowed to sit stationary dries out MUCH quicker than grease that
is moved about due to normal action.  This will be noticed in bearings
stored over a period of time also.  Probably some Petroleum engineer
could explain this to us in $20.00 words, but the effect is still the same.
Maybe this will help with some understanding of the PTO's in TT.
my .02, thanks 73 Paul WA9FFL
     o~
  _[-/)_
Ride to live-Live to ride
"peplasters@rockford.com"
Ask me about an indoor air polution control device!