TenTec

[TenTec] Low power amplifier kit -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Low power amplifier kit -Reply
From: rsellers@mail.rkd.snds.com (Roger Sellers)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:02:10 -0500
Hi Bill,
  It has been common practice in other areas of electronics that a
premanufactured component could be considered a "KIT" even if the only
assembly required was to attach/solder an AC  power cord.
  I remember that distictly as a decade or 2 ago in the Chicago area "kits"
were sold for Pay Per View UHF converters. They were sold under the
guise of "expiramental use only" and the assembly of the kit consisted of
soldering a AC line cable(that was supplied) to a board. This held up to
some serious legal manuvers I seem to remember.
73,
Roger Sellers  N5EEA
email: rsellers@snds.com

>>> <Bill_Ames%hysoft.com@internet.rkd.snds.com> 04/23/98 10:09am
The implication seems to be that you can build an amp but can't buy one.
OK. Can someone define how much I need to do when building the amp?
Bill Ames
KB1LG