TenTec

[TenTec] Omni VI/580 Delta II questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI/580 Delta II questions
From: jkoppi@pclink.com (Joseph Koppi)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:21:55 -0600
Greetings to all:  I'm delighted to find this reflector and I look forward
to learning more about the great Ten-Tec radios here.

Omni VI
I recently acquired a used Omni VI and I just realized that it is my sixth
Ten-Tec radio; I've had five others over the years.  I immediately sent it
to Ten-Tec to have it upgraded with all the latest mods (it was
manufactured in Nov., 1992), only to find that the Omni VI Plus is now
available.  Actually, if the factory had simply told me that the Plus
upgrade was available, I would probably have done it right then.  My
question:  What are your thoughts on upgrading an Omni VI to a Plus?  Does
it seem like the investment is worth it?  Would be interested in hearing
from anyone, but especially those who have sent in a rig to get the Plus
upgrade.

Delta II
What are the main differences between a 580 Delta and a 580 Delta II?  I've
noticed a couple of Delta II's for sale recently and I'm interested, but I
can't remember the details about the radio.

To avoid reflector congestion, you can respond to W0SU@pclink.com, and I'll
be happy to summarize any comments.  Thanks.

Joe Koppi, W0SU
W0SU@pclink.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html