Topband

Topband: Telescoping Fiberglass Mast

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Telescoping Fiberglass Mast
From: "dick bingham" <dick-bingham@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:02:16 -0800
Regarding ===>

Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:53:45 -0600
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>

A friend in Dallas wants one of the telescoping fiberglass masts that have
recently been on the surplus market. He wants to use it as a center support
for a K9AY RX antenna. Please, who is selling them, and especially if you
are in the DFW area does anyone know of their availability there.

73,
Mike, W5UC
====================================

One way to find a local source for Telescoping Fiberglass Masts is to
contact your local electric utility company (PUD) and ask talk with one of
the lineman. They use "Hot-Sticks" to open/close the cut-outs usually common
to the connection between the high-voltage distribution line and the
transformer primary.

The "Hot-Stick" I use here on my PUD activities extends from a collapsed
length of ~5-feet to about 40-feet. I have no idea how much this assembly
costs but recommend you opt for the variety that is triangular in
cross-section as opposed to the circular variety. The triangular version
extends and locks easily while the circular variety you have to hunt for the
detent position! Not fun in the dark...

73 Dick - w7wkr  CN98pi
Stehekin, WA