Topband

Re: Topband: strange conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: strange conditions
From: "Steve Flood" <flood@ixi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:27:27 -0700
Larry N7DD wrote...

> This is the first time that I have been aware of these  anomalies. I leave
> it
> for the experts to explain these strange conditions.  Anyone?

Certainly not an expert, but my own anomaly occured a couple weeks ago when
I hit the shack to entertain my insomnia late one night.  I turned the rig
on and was greeted by the quietest band noise I've heard in my 6 years on
160m.  A soft white noise almost.  I immediately thought that something was
wrong, but as I tuned around I could hear signals like I've NEVER heard
before.  I tried for a couple EU stations but no joy.  Within 5 minutes, the
band noise was back up to the normal S9 and the signals were gone.  I have
no idea what I experienced that night.  It was Feb. 4 at 0650z.

Steve KK7UV