Topband

Re: Topband: Mystery signal on 1805

To: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mystery signal on 1805
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:10:23 -0400
> For the last few days I have been hearing an AM broadcast
signal on 1805.
> They seem to be some kind of apocalyptic
religious/survivalist station.
> Have not been able to get an ID thru the QRN and heavy
QSB.  The signal
> seems to be intermodulated with another station; I  can
hear another voice
> and music in the background.
>
> I hear it on two different receivers and every receiving
antenna I have at
> my disposal.  I am wonderig if this is some kind of
spurious mixing product
> that is occurring locally, or does anyone else  hear this
signal?  The QSB
> indicates it is not a product of two local stations
intermodulating with one
> another.

Here's who it is and what I have done. I sent a copy to the
local field engineer at the FCC, but I deleted his e-mail
address  from this copy since it is a non-public address.

If you e-mail Dave Frantz he is usually good about
temporarily correcting the problem. Why it keeps coming
back, I have no idea! But it does.