Topband

Topband: EU Dxing

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EU Dxing
From: "robert briggs" <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:30:54 +1100
Well I am well into my third month of early morning EU Dxing.I started on
November 25 and have only missed three mornings due to other
commitments,generally getting on air at 18.00Z
cqing until  my sunrise which has now moved to 20.00Z.

The results until the 26th of January were very good with 213 contacts
made.Since the 26th of January propagation has dropped away drastically and
although I have a total now of 351 EU contacts, many mornings are futile or
only one or two made over my calling time,mostly notable at sunrise or just
after.Obviously conditions have altered drastically in my part of the world at
the moment coupled with a very bad run of summer QRM.

I intend to continue until the end of March at least and will compare contact
totals with my 2000/2001 summer EU DX run which was over 500 contacts and
during the high end of the cycle.

There has been no Middle East or African contacts although have heard a few
stations around Sunrise.Attempts to make contact have failed so far.I guess I
will have to keep plodding along and hope that the propagation improves for me
shortly.Wearing out the home brew Iambic key..

Regards to all. Bob VK3ZL..