Topband

Re: Topband: 4 Direction Reversible Beverages Remote Control via CoaxFee

To: <k2waltk@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 4 Direction Reversible Beverages Remote Control via CoaxFeedline
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:15:10 -0400
Im about ready to beat my head against a similar wall. Currently there are 4
two wire reversibles plus an almost BOG pointed at a noisy neighbor. Two
more reversibles are planned as this past season was more for system
evaluation and determine the directions needing work. Im very happy with the
reversibles after spending considerable time with binocular transformers and
the ground systems.

Right now Im using a pair of Ameritron RCS-4's plus a coax switch in the
shack to select between those and the BOG. Obviously its not very operator
efficient plus the RCS-4 has very poor isolation. At present the reversibles
are fed with dual coax but the termination boxes have room for the relay
circuitry.

I picked up a couple dozen very high isolation microwave rated DIP style
24VDC relays from a surplus dealer and would like to use those as much as
possible.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated before I attempt to reinvent the
wheel.

Carl
KM1H