Topband

Topband: SSB on CW segment

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: SSB on CW segment
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:03:04 +0100
A consistent number of European countries reserves for amateurs much more
space than a small 10 KHz band, 100 or even 200 KHz are not uncommon.
The own country situation doesn't necessary reflect a WW or a continental
situation, but this seems to be the hardest point to be understood by
amateurs .
By the way, 40 stations on CW for a 10 KHz bandwith are a mith, unless one
has 249 Hz filters with ideal (perfect) shape factor, is enough far from big
stations not to receive loud signals (a dream when heading europe from
europe), everyone knows how to reply with people using narrow filters and
all the modern equipment with problems of phase noise and clicks have been
banned and replaced by VXO controlled transceivers.

73,
Mauri I4JMY