Topband

Re: Topband: Reyco Traps on Topband??

To: "Alan Cook" <acook003@rochester.rr.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Reyco Traps on Topband??
From: "George \(K8GG\) & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:30:49 -0400
Alan Cook wrote:

>I have an inverted vee antenna that I use on 75 meters. it has a center
> height
> of about 30 feet. and and enclosed length of routhly 110 feet.  I would
> like to use a set of reyco kw80 cw traps to make this antenna work on
> 80 and 160.  I have had no luck finding information on how much longer
> the "beyond"  trap
> stub would make the overall antenna. I am limited to the 110 length
> because my QTH
> is a trailer park lot. if any one can pass on the demensions suggested
> by Unidilla
> for using the kw80cw trap or someone who is using these traps
> successfully,
> all comments are appreciated. Thanks and  73 Al Cook, K2MPE

Alan, et. al.:

The Unadilla/Reyco pamphlet indicates for 80 and 160 meters, frequencies
3.675 MHz and 1.85 MHz, Use a wire length from center insulator to 80CW trap
of 63'-8" each side and from outside of trap to end insulator use a wire
length of 42' - 1" on each side.

73 & GL        George    K8GG