Topband

Topband: More info on SOLVED! RE: Newbie question

To: "'Mark Lunday'" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More info on SOLVED! RE: Newbie question
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:56:02 -0400
Was doing some "forest thinking" yesterday afternoon, where I wander the
back woods on my property and ponder future antenna possibilities.  I have a
remote-antenna-switch out in the woods, and I was walking along the 100 foot
of coax from the switch to the 160 inverted L.  About 50 from the switch-box
to the base of the inverted L, I discovered a 4 inch long section where the
coax was severely damaged; the shield was exposed, and at one location the
foam was partially sliced and I could see a bit of the center conductor.

Not sure if it was squirrels or not, maybe a cat, but it explains some of
the other erratic results I was getting before, especially during and after
a heavy rainstorm (not that many this summer, but a few good ones).

The XYL won't let me get a varmint rifle, maybe a I need a have-a-heart trap
or something.

Thanks again for all the assistance from everyone on this board

Mark Lunday
WD4ELG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK