Topband

Topband: PJ2T Curacao on Topband

Subject: Topband: PJ2T Curacao on Topband
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:34:57 -0400
I'll be at the Signal Point station (PJ2T) on Curacao for the 10-10-10
dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles, and as usual I'll be favoring the
lowbands. The various groups have adopted a band plan to keep from reducing
all the bands to chaos, and you will find my PJ2 operations at the lowest CW
segment of each band (1810 - 1817 on Topband).

For those who have not already worked the Netherlands Antilles for DXCC
credit on 160 meters (are there any of those left?), I will be there one
night early, and can be found during the dark hours (October 9 UTC) using
the call 'PJ2/K8ND'.

At 0400Z on October 10, I will switch to the 'PJ2T' callsign, and will use
that call with Bill W9VA until we depart on October 18. It is expected that
these QSOs will count for the new Curacao DXCC Entity (once ARRL announces
the new Entities according to the DXCC rules).

If you don't work us during this first week of operation, be assured that
PJ2 Curacao will not be a rare and hard-to work DXCC Entity in the next
several months (or, for that matter, ever). We have major contest operations
planned at PJ2T (as usual) and a couple of non-contest groups scheduled to
rent the Signal Point station between now and the January 11 date that DXCC
credit will be accepted for whatever new DXCC Entities fall out of the
transition.

I'm also taking down my CW Skimmer Server and CW Skimmer hardware, and will
feed the Reverse Beacon network (RBN) with spots from 96-kHz of at least
seven bands (160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 12, and 10). You will be able to see the
spots at http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1/?f=22 . NOTE: enable the "map
(beta version)" function by clicking on "Options: show/hide" and clicking
the radio button! It's tres cool!). This should be a very effective way to
keep track of where on the bands the 10-10-10 operations (PJ2, PJ4, PJ5,
PJ6, and PJ7) are when on CW!

During dark hours on Curacao, the PJ2T Skimmer Server will be connected to
our 1000-foot Europe Beverage or 650-foot US/JA Beverage, and during
daylight hours it will be connected to any of a variety of antennas.

73,  Jeff  K8ND

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK