Topband

Re: Topband: DX Engineering NCC-2

To: "'N2TK, Tony'" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>, <ko7ss@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Engineering NCC-2
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:16:07 -0500
Hello Tony

I use various antennas - to phase combine together with the DXE NCC.

For example, my favorite combination is on NCC Channel A with the three
element vertical Yagi and NCC Channel B is the HIZ 8 circle in phase with
the HIZ 4 square (5000 ft between them broadside on Europe). I also feed the
TopBeam Horizontal Waller Flag (at 160 feet) into the B receiver of the
IC-7851 (diversity). Sometimes I will use the pair of DX Loops (optimized
Flags) on NCC Channel A.

I use the NCC to phase combine antennas for increased receiving performance
to a target area (like Europe). The received noise is reduced due to the NCC
combining the antennas for maximum gain off the front of the combined
pattern. It is simple to get maximum peak performance using the NCC in this
fashion - just find a European station and use the NCC variable controls to
null him completely into the noise - then simply switch the B Phase switch
to Rev and you are on the peak. Turning the power on and off to the NCC will
verify the noise goes down and the Europe signals are improved.

73
Tim K3LR