Topband

Topband: INVERTED L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: INVERTED L
From: magoo@isp.on.ca (Mr. Magoo)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:25:10 -0400
I heard that 5K0Z was to be on 160M the past couple of days but had no 160M
antenna here at the summer home.  I installed an inverted L alongside and in
parallel with my 80/40 vertical and gave it a try last evening.  Conditions
were good (they were a constant 579 for about an hour or more) and I worked
5K0Z with a good report.  I have 30 short (from 30 to 70 feet) radials under
the 80/40 vertical and did not add any more for this "test".

So, the suggestions made by several fellows in earlier postings about
running an L parallel with another vertical are certainly valid.  I think I
may install a few more long radials,  leave the antenna up where it is and
see how well it works over the next few months when we are "here" .the band
opens and I should be "there".

Bill, VE3CSK/VE3NH