Topband

Re: Topband: N7QT on "Increasing the Rate of the JT Modes"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: N7QT on "Increasing the Rate of the JT Modes"
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 10:28:05 -0400
Thank you for the link, Tim.

The first ideas/suggestions mentioned in the article are being used by an increasing number of operators. JT65-HF-HB9HQX and JTDX helped that by adding variations to the original standard messages. There was some discussion when these variations were introduced, some positive others negative. The only way to do it with WSJT-X is by using the 'free msg' box.

As for the second part, I have to read and re-read that again. I have seen multiples stations calling the DX in different places, but I don't think it was as part of this technique. I think they were just attempts to bring the DX to their frequency, whether to escape the 'pile up', or because the caller had QRM on the DX frequency.

There are times of the day that 40 and 20M are extremely busy. We are talking about a 2kHz agreed segment, 4kHz, if adding the JT9 segment.

Other ways to improve performance, is to take advantage of multi-pass decoding, built into WSJT-X and JTDX. JT65-HF does not have multi-pass decoding. Another is to activate split in the software. By doing this, the output power is always at max, regardless of where you are in the segment. Again, JT65-HF does not support this feature.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

On 2017-05-21 6:53 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
http://www.arrl.org/
contest-update-issues?issue=2017-05-17