Topband

Re: Topband: 160m L and 80m Vertical

To: "'topband List'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m L and 80m Vertical
From: "Ian Fugler" <zen90387@zen.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:08:02 -0000
Trevor

What you describe is very similar to the set up that I have here.  I have a
65' mast with a 10' horizontal fibreglass pole just below the top.  My 66'
80m quarterwave runs up to one end of the fibreglass pole and the 160m
inverted L to the other side.  So the two aerials are 10' apart in the
vertical section and fed with separate coaxial feeds.  It works really well.
The secret, of course, is to maximise the number of radials that you can get
down.  My 20 radials are woefully inadequate, but I'm not going out in the
snow to put down more today!

(There's a picture on my QRZ.Com page, if you wish to see what I describe
above.)

73, Ian G4IIY