Topband

Topband: XU7ACB

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XU7ACB
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:36:56 +0000
>From yesterday's The Daily DX:

N6FF, Dick, is on his way to Sihanoukville, Cambodia, a four-hour bus
ride south of the capital.  He is traveling solo.  He plans to
concentrate on 160M and should be active by tomorrow (Tuesday) using
the call XU7ACB.  He will be there until December 17 when he will
start the trek back home to Redding, California.  Dick is a well-known
160 op, instrumental in giving many ops a 160M contact from East
Timor, 4W.  Dick plans to transmit on 1827.5 QSX down five for JA and
up five for everyone else.  WC7N, Rod, will be the pilot station,
contactable at wc7n@gb.wave.net.  Thanks, Rod, for being first to

and from today's issue...

Dick, XU7ACB, was QRV and calling CQ on Topband from 1100 to 1510Z
yesterday with little success.  He will be checking for East Coast USA
during his sunrise gray line.  "Currently he is using a sloping dipole
for 160 and is planning on changing antenna's to see if he can improve
his signal on that band", says Rod, WC7N.

        Dick started with a good signal today around 1110 UTC.  I called
him up 5 as advertised with no success and then started calling on his
frequency.  W8JI, W4ZV, K4RX, W8LRL and W4DR were the QSO's I heard.  He
actually came back a couple of times to K3KO who was slightly below while
calling 5W0VF on 1826.6!  I posted a DX Aid plot of the path on my website
(click on W4ZV to XU7ACB under local sunrise long path QSO's):

                http://users.vnet.net/btippett/dx_aid_plots.htm

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV