Topband

Topband: 6th Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 6th Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: jmaass@columbus.rr.com (Jeff Maass)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:26:54 +0000
> Rule 5 states:
>
>    "Special QRP QSO bonus.  For each QSO you work with a QRP station that
>    we receive a log for with 10 or more QSOs, you will receive a 2X QSO
>    point bonus."
>
> There's an added 2X qso point bonus this year for contacts with
> log-submitting qrp stations.  I don't believe there's any indication
> in the exchange that a station you're working is qrp.  So is it a
> correct assumption that it won't be possible to accurately estimate your
> score until the logs are compiled by Boring ARC?

Correct.

Glad to see this step towards correcting the rules.

Now they should finish the job by removing the score multiplier given
to QRP stations.

You should reward the operators who show the skills and facilities to
**hear** weak stations, not those who show they can **generate** a
weak signal!

 Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
    Maass' IPSC Resources Page:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm