Topband

Topband: UK: Balloon antennas, where to get balloon and gas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: UK: Balloon antennas, where to get balloon and gas
From: n6wg@earthlink.net (Bob Tellefsen)
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 10:04:39 +0100
Herb
Two questions for you.  These may be outdated, but I'll ask anyway.

I've heard that the gas molecules for hydrogen are much smaller than helium,
and that the gas bag must be much less porous.  Will balloon material
intended for use with helium be able to hold onto the hydrogen adequately?

Second question is, what is the effect of hydrogen on these balloons?  Is
there any degradation of the material over time?

73, Bob N6WG