Topband

Topband: beverage support spacing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: beverage support spacing
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:05:21 -0500
For my winter beverages I use those 6 ft bamboo poles from Home Depot.  I drive
them about a foot into the ground.  Then use electrical tape and wrap it around
the pole near the top and then hold the wire against it and then wrap a few
more layers to secure it, insulated, onto the pole.  My poles are about 20 ft
or so apart.  I use galv. electric fence wire, 17 ga, from Farm N Fleet.  It's
real cheap at $17 per half mile and is stronger and doesn't stretch like
copper.  Then in the spring I use my side cutters and cut the tape wrap job to
release the wire from the pole and save the pole. I don't even try to save the
wire; I just bundle it up and throw it out.  Phil  KB9CRY