Topband

Re: Topband: toroids for beverages

To: "Brobakken,Stein Roar" <s-roabr@online.no>
Subject: Re: Topband: toroids for beverages
From: k8gg@voyager.net
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:14:53 -0400 (EDT)

 LA6FJA Stein Roar  wrote

> Hi
> I have a
bunch of amidon T200-2 in stock.
> Have anyone idea
"if" I can use this to wind my own beverage balun?
know people says I need to look into the ON4UN book, which says use a
> FT-50-43 ferrit core.
>
> 73 LA6FJA Stein
Roar

Hello Stein Roar & other Topbanders,

Yes, one can use the T200-2 torroid for Beverage transformers.
have sucessfully done it two ways:
1.  Wind approximately 30 to
36 turns on for the beverage feed point to ground winding and 10 to 12
turns on for the 50 ohm coax run to the shack.  The windings do not
have to be intertwined.   I used insulated #20 hook-up wire.
2.  Use a 10 to 12 turn tri-fallar or quadri-fallar winding with
either enameled or insulated copper wire and wire it according to the
typical drawings in ON4UN's book and other Beverage construction
references.  I prefer the quadri-fallar winding as the coaxial cable
winding is separate, reducing possible stray signal pick up.

73
& GL   George   K8GG
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK