Topband

Re: Topband: Resonating a 160M vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Resonating a 160M vertical
From: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:04:59 -0500
want to put a capacitor at the feed point to raise resonance to 1830 KHz.

Do I put the capacitor in series with the vertical radiator, in series with
the radials, or across the feed point? Is one method any better than the
others?"

They are equal in every respect, except for the input Z. So, just try
feeding it each way, and use the one which best suits your preference for
SWR, etc. which it exhibits to your feed system method.

73,   Roy     K6XK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK