Topband

Re: Topband: Fw: Short Bogs

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Short Bogs
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:44:30 -0500
On Sun, 2012-12-30 at 20:53 -0500, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> The characteristics of #12 THHN and such vary all over the map.  It is not
> being made for use at RF.  The insulation not only changes the velocity
> factor, but it also adds loss.  This too varies all over the map.
>
> Wireman has various wires with UV resistant black PE insulation.  That
> stuff seems to be predictable and stable.  I personally don't know of any
> THHN with PE insulation.  YMMV, of course.  Neither of the guys at Home
> Depot and Lowes have any idea what I'm talking about if I mention PE
> insulation.  Apparently plastic is plastic  :>).
>
> 73, Guy

I got my THHN at the depot and the guys in there told me I can't have
grey wire. Grey wire is not on the agenda for wiring appliances. I hope
they don't come here to investigate THHN abuse! I um... didn't use in an
appliance.

Now lets see about this wireman guy. I'll try Google first.

73,

Bill  KU8H

Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.