Topband

Topband: ZL3IX

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZL3IX
From: Joe Galicic <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:22:25 -0400 (EDT)
Big surprise working ZL3IX at 1023Z this morning with only 100 watts and no RX
antenna up yet.  He was S9 at times !  I saw the spot but was sure I wouldn’t
be able to hear him.  Boy was I surprised when I tuned to his frequency and
heard him like he was a local.  The amp wasn’t warmed up yet so I gave him a
call with 100 watts and he came right back on the first try.

This is the second time I have experienced this phenomenon on 160.  I worked
VK3IO last year about the same time of year where he was very strong and easy
to work.  I will have to pay more attention to 160 this time of year.

Fun !

Joe

N3HEE