Topband

Topband: Stew Perry - aftermath

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry - aftermath
From: ALEXEY OGORODOV <ua4wae@mail.ru>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 00:48:48 +0300
Hello brethren,

It is somewhat reconciliating to know that conditions were ugly everywhere. I
invested some 9 plus ours to get only 52 qs. The best distance DX was KH6AT,
Bryce was loud and gave me good points. Other DX worked OA4TT, P4/DL6RAI,
HK1MW, KV4FZ, HI8A. I heard but was not heard by PY5XH, XE2S, HI3TEJ, TF4M.
On the US activity. It is sad that there is no more DX window. US to US
contacts everywhere. Many ops just would keep CQing without even making a pause
enough to call.
Not worked but heard US (that I can remember): K9NR, N6TQ, W9RE, N6KI,W5JI,
N5XJ, and some more including  VEs. Yet, 100 watts and a vertical is not a big
gun stuff. Nevertheless I think this time an amp wouldn't be of much help.

On the bright side - first time ever in HC land, I heard DX signals on TB 2
hours before my SS - W2GD, NP2X, YV1DIG.

73 Alex

HC2AO

--
ALEXEY OGORODOV