Topband

Re: Topband: Sloping Ground

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Sloping Ground
From: cqtestk4xs--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 14:18:17 +0000 (UTC)
My place in Hawaii was sloped more than about 99% of all locations...a drop of
1100 feet to sea level around 6000 feet away.  It does make a difference.  I
had the same slope up hill as down and i can tell you 100% for sure the slope
makes a difference.  I used a bent full size vertical wire  for 160 and
downhiull was far better. It would be worth the extra coax if you had a pretty
significant slope.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS