Topband

Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65
From: Brian Pease <bpease2@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 16:32:19 -0400
This may sound strange, but my opinion is that hams like the musical tones of JT65.

On 5/13/2017 3:27 PM, Mike Waters wrote:
Why not JT9? It has a 2 dB improvement in S/N ratio on 160, while using
only 1/10 of the bandwidth.

I cannot understand why JT9 is used so little on 160 thru 20. JT65 is a VHF
mode.

physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On May 13, 2017 2:03 PM, "James Denneny" <57jndenneny@comcast.net> wrote:

I am hoping more DX stations will take advantage of the JT65 mode on 1838
next season.  I have been using it on 20M recently and am amazed at its weak
signal performance.

This mode should enhance the capture of DX entities on TB particularly with
propagation decline. It's main drawback is the time involved with exchanges
due to decoding but, the enhanced performance makes up for that.

Jim

K7EG