Topband

Topband: Modern Grand Solar Minimum from 2020 to 2055?

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Modern Grand Solar Minimum from 2020 to 2055?
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 02:13:03 -0400 (EDT)
This article in Nature forecasts that we're approaching a grand solar
minimum -- similar to Maunder Minimum -- starting in 2020
and lasting for three solar cycles. I hope these scientists are wrong...

www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45584-3

An international panel of experts coordinated by the NOAA and NASA
released its preliminary s olar cycle 25 forecast in April, 2019 forecasting
that cycle 25 will peak between 2023 and 2026 with a sunspot number
between 95 and 130.

I hate forecasts, especially about the future...

73
Frank
W3LPL