Topband

TopBand: Report from Boring, Oregon

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Report from Boring, Oregon
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 07:42:33 -0800 (PST)
Last night the band was quiet, and I could hear ON4UN (barely).  Band
seemed better down south.  This morning, the loran on 1850 is
10db over S9 in the AM mode!  The one up on 1950 is about S7.

Some stations calling what might be XV7SW on 1824, but all I could
hear was a fishing net beacon (6SY).  Did hear VK3AJJ work someone
on 1829 - he was about 559 with rapid QSB.  He gave me a QRZ or two,
but no QSO.

Also, RW0LL, Oleg was active this morning.  Nice to hear N5KO (WN4KKN)
on the band - trying out his new quarter wave vertical supported by
a tree.

Hoping for another real European opening sometime soon, perhaps tonight
with the K index falling.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com