Topband

TopBand: KZ5MM Noisy Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: KZ5MM Noisy Beverage
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 00:09:53 EST
Like most others, I hope to learn on this Reflector by reading of others
experiences.  My assumption, based on the messages up to that point, was
that elevated radials are nasty to Beverages and non-elevated radials
didn't affect Beverages.  Ensuing messages shows this assuption to be
wrong.

Someone mentioned that he doesn't have any noise and that his Beverages
performed well near his vertical with in-ground radials.  Maybe this is
the clue, i.e., if there's no man-made noise in the area, the vertical
doesn't have any noise pickup to re-radiate into the Beverage, therefore
there might appear to be no effect -- except perhaps for the Beverage's
directional pattern.

73, de Earl, K6SE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]