Topband

Topband: Beverage

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage
From: mike dl dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:05:24 -0700
while everyone is talking about esoteric beverages, here at can't-hear-em
W7DRA, i have a beverage;  a 1200 foot spool of wire that i run down the
street (north/south) carrying the end on my bicycle. when i get to a
certain persons yard, i have a 12" screw driver with a 400 ohm resister
that i stick in the ground and ride back to my house, if i need a
southern direction i just lay the end of the wire on the ground.

this is done in the dark after midnight, and i use the spool and an
electric drill to wind up the wire at dawn.

you can imagine how many street lights and power wires it goes under - i
have yet to have a car drive over the wire and get all tangled up.

so if this next contest season i can't hear you it is not that i did not
try

mike w7dra