Topband

Topband: Boring Report - N6TR/7

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - N6TR/7
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:30:40 -0800
The band has been trying to open on and off this week.  N9ADG documented the
opening we had early in the week - and last night - I nearly fell out of my
chair when I clearly heard G4OBK work P40A.  However, it seemed like most of
western Europe was asleep at that early hour (around 0330z).

I did get a few dits out of SM5EDX and could see several signals from Europe
with Spectran (a FFT program that produces a "waterfall" display).  Using that
program, I can see signals that you can't hear.  I was able to clearly see
SM5EDX and CT1EEB.

So - the band is hanging in there - even for us out west.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net