Topband

Topband: Stealth Antenna Securing Line

To: Topband@Contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stealth Antenna Securing Line
From: "Hugh Valentine" <hsvdds@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:00:21 GMT
This works great, is almost invisible and available in many diameters and
strengths.
For Example 65# Test is about the same diameter of 10 pound test monofilament.
Unbelieveably Strong for its small diameter
They manyfacture up to about 200+# stuff.  I use it for Fishing line.
Floats,Synthetic, Braided..  They have a High Vis Yellow( I use for Fishing)
which wouldnt be stealthy, but also a dark Green/Black braid which I am using
to hold up/hoist my "invisible" antenna.
*********Power Pro line by Spectra. ***********
 I think they may go up to 400# sizes.  Ultra light weight also, 300 Yds of the
65# probably weighs less than two ounces.  Careful though, it will cut you.
Abrasive.
Could be very a Useful/ Multipurpose tool  to a Hamoholic.
73, Val  N4RJ