Topband

Topband: (Elecraft) Random thoughts from a K3 field tester

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: (Elecraft) Random thoughts from a K3 field tester
From: "George Cutsogeorge" <w2vjn@rosenet.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:09:37 -0800
I agree with what Bob says.  The 40 meter Dragon sounds something like the
woodpecker of old.  My FT 1000 NB takes it out leaving the remaining signals
with holes in them, but readable.  The 160 Dragon has a different repetition
rate and has an extra signal riding on top of the pulses.  I got a look at
it a year ago on my scope on a day it was particularly strong.  It appears
to have two different pulse widths and a sine wave riding on top.  There is
a 10kHz component showing on my spectrum analyzer also.

George, W2VJN