Topband

Re: Topband: VP6DX Very Loud

To: "Ed Gray W0SD" <w0sd@triotel.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VP6DX Very Loud
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:25:34 -0800
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:35:43 -0600, Ed Gray W0SD wrote:

>The only reasons that I can come up with is the proximity to the salt
>water

That's one very important element.  A second is taking both transmitting
and receiving antennas seriously and cranking power into them. A third is
BEING THERE. Remember all the activity we heard during the recent contests?
Compare that to how quiet the band is most of the time. I worked nearly 60
JAs during CQ160CW this year. I'll bet that many east coast stations worked
twice that number of EU stations. And did anyone notice that there were a
half dozen ND stations on last weekend for CQSSB? And one of them, KD4POJ,
has already uploaded to LOTW.

73,

Jim K9YC